Which direction to install laminate flooring - Floorplan attached

Old 01-28-10, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Which direction to install laminate flooring - Floorplan attached

Good Afternoon!

I am currently in the process of installing laminate flooring throughout my entire house. However, I seem to have hit a snag and can't actually make up my mind - so I'm hoping that you all will be able to provide me with suggestions on the direction I should lay the floor upstairs.

I have read all the recommendations in regards to following the longest wall, as well as running parallel how light enters the room - but many of these rules conflict each other when it comes to my upstairs.

I want to lay the flooring all in the same direction upstairs, as it is a pretty open floor plan (even if it doesn't look like it on the blueprints) - and I think having it run in different directions would really bring attention to it... in a negative way.

I'm uploading two different images on the floor plan - the windows are highlighted in red, and the blue lines should act as the direction of flooring. One image runs from top to bottom, while the second runs from side to side...

Could you please let me know which way you think I should lay the flooring upstairs? Any advice would also be appreciated...

AND...

Thanks in advance for your help!!
~Kevin

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-10, 08:40 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The problem with running it in different directions is the doorways. You need to go straight through you can't change direction. I would go with image #1