click lok laminate

Old 02-08-10, 11:13 AM
click lok laminate

Can I hear from people who have installed the no fastener clik lok flooring that HD/Lowes sells.... Does it stay still???? how often do you put a screw in..??? Have you ever noticed fumes from the lam..??? that is important!!!!
that could ruin the whole job....
Is it cheaper than 3/4 oak solid..??? I need to do 600 sf... I want oak or pine
pre finished of course....
the hassle of nailing an Oak floor in here is prohibitive...
any info appreciated... please be honest about this stuff...

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-10, 01:16 PM
Yes, floating floors stay still.

You do NOT put screws in them...the floors are made to float freely so they can expand and contract properly...if you put a screw/nail in them, you're locking it down in that spot and will create problems.

Fumes will depend on the product and manufacturer. I can tell you that HD sells a click wood, Tarkett Genesis, that is made with NAF (No added formaldehyde) adhesives that won't cause problems with chemical sensitivity. Look for products that meet CARB (California Air Resources Board) Standards for formaldehyde emissions...those are the toughest standards in the country.

Price will vary greatly depending on the product.

Just a suggestion...you probably don't want pine, and you will likely have a hard time finding it. Pine is not a hardwood, it is a softwood. Pine dents extremely easy, and will look pretty rough after only a short time of use. If you're doing a rustic cabin, that may be what you want.

Old 02-08-10, 02:34 PM
in your experience are most of HD stuff CARB...????
how thick is the layer of wood on these..??? I dont want the synthetic lam...
Whats a ballpark figure for 600 sf in real oak veneer,,,?? Is lumber liquidators the place to get it..??

Old 02-11-10, 06:38 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Obsess Much?

It's seems to me you may want to consult a professional in person to address all of your needs. I would recommend searching for a local business and go in and talk them. If you find a good one you will be able to tell. The big box stores are a nightmare when it comes to an investment in flooring. They have never layed a single bit of floor and I have been to there 3 hour training seminar where I even met armond tavy. big waste of time. all the seminar was about is how to upsale crap to customers. you will find that they charge less for materials but then overcharge for the accessories and tell DIYers that they need things that are worthless but you can't blame the naice person working there because they have been trained to tell you you need twenty five pounds of henry every 25 square feet of flooring, you need this additive, you need this kit with these special spacers, all just garbage. flooring installers will not touch any of that stuff because its garbage.