Laminate Flooring

Old 03-02-00, 01:11 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I recently found a website for lamiante flooring that offers at $1.99 per square foot. They sent me samples and it looks good and seems to be sturdy. Has anyone ever bought from LaminateFloorDIrect.com? I want to start my project soon, but don't know if anyone who's got it.

Old 03-03-00, 03:39 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I recently helped a friend of mine install the $1.99 stuff. Good quality product. Installation was a bit tricky. Too little glue and the boards won't be sealed properly. Too much glue and the joints won't seat properly.

Regardless of the amount of glue used, it's advisable not to run the joints 90 degrees to a window or door. The joints won't be exact and will show up due to the light from the opening. It's better to run the floor at a 45 degree angle. This takes more material and more cutting, but you'll be a lot happier with the finished product.

Ted

------------------
Carpenter's rule:- Cut to fit - Beat into place :-)

Old 03-04-00, 04:32 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Pengween: I don't want to sound negative, but it sounds like you are shopping price. for your project, this is not a good idea.
I have installed many laminates, and I can tell you, PURGO is the best. None of the problems Ted referred to, and you can install at right angles. Very easy to install and looks great. Now I have put in my 2 cents worth. Good Luck

------------------
Jack the Contractor

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: