hard wood floor vs Pergo type floor

Old 04-19-00, 07:04 PM
Visiting Guest
Where can I get pros, cons and relative cost?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-00, 09:24 PM
Mary Moppins
Visiting Guest
Patrick, I can't give you costs but I spent 12 years cleaning houses. I saw problems crop up with the Pergo type floors. For a little extra more, I would go with wood. I'm hearing the same thing from several friends in the cleaning business. After 7 or 8 years, the laminate seems to start working loose. It just may be these cases, but I never had that problem with the wood floors.

Whichever type you go with, just don't use a lot of water to clean them. Which means don't use self wringing mops. They leave too much water on the floor which works between the boards and will warp them at the edges. All you need is a little vinegar in some water. Use a towel and wring out all the excess moisture.

Mary Moppins www.GoClean.com

Old 04-21-00, 04:06 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Actually you are talking about 2 different items. Hardwood is the best. This is a 100 year plus floor. But it needs to be installed professionally, will be warrented,
and will be expensive. Purgo is for the do it yourselfer, easy to install, has a 20 year warranty, low cost, and is easy to clean with a damp mop. Good Luck

------------------
Jack the Contractor