Wood vs. Laminate

Old 05-23-00, 01:51 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

I'm a new home buyer who is currently considering flooring options. The laminate offered by the builder's design center is called "Formica", which is a brand I have never heard of. I have heard conflicting reports on both hard wood and laminate. Our biggest concern is ease of maintainence. Thanks for the help.

Old 05-25-00, 05:27 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The laminate flooring will be 200 times easier to maintain. Good Luck

Old 05-27-00, 08:54 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Formica has been around since the arc. They were originally known as counter top people, but have branched out into other areas. They are a quality company that make very good products.

Laminate flooring is much easier to install than hardwood and with a 20 year warranty, will keep it's original good looks longer.

As long as you use the correct type and amount of adhesive, this will give you a great floor for many years to come.

I recently laid this type of floor with a friend of mine. The only thing we would have done differently had we knows in advance would have been to install the floor at a 45 degree angle to the patio door. When the light comes in through the door, you can see all the seams. At a 45 deg. angle, these would have been less noticable.

Really easy to maintain, sweep and pick up spills with a damp cloth.

Ted

Old 05-27-00, 11:33 AM
Mary Moppins
Visiting Guest
I don't want to throw things out of kilter here, but I'm beginning to hear complaints from people who have had their foor for about 6 or 7 years say the laminate is pulling loose from the base. The boards stick to the floor, it's the laminate itself that pulls loose. So make sure you get a floor with the 20 year warrenty and READ it very carefully. A lot of these warrenties do not cover replacement if you've used water.

Mary Moppins www.GoClean.com

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: