Parquet floor on top of concrete

Old 07-13-00, 12:30 PM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

Major problem! I recently bought a house and there is a parquet floor in the basement. This looked really nice when I first moved in (spring) and I am sure that the floor has been there for at least 10 years. However, now that summer is here part of the parquet floor has lifted up in a peak! I now realize that the parquet was laid on top of a concrete floor without the use of a subfloor. I put a de-humidifier in the room and that has helped to bring the floor down. Is there some sort of adhesive that I can use to really glue the problem parquet tiles down (it is a really big room so I cannot re-do the whole floor). Help!!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-00, 07:59 PM
Visiting Guest
It depends on how the floor is made. If it is tongue & groove, you will have a hard time pulling individual squares up, as they will be interlocked. If it's not, I would suggest using a urethane adhesive, like Bostiks Best to reglue them. Another option is to get an injection kit and shoot urethane adhesive under the loose parquet. I like Franklin's injection kit, but there are some others out there. You can buy an injection kit from a hardwood distributor like Golden State (650)827-2069.

Scott www.stephensfloor.com