Wet Hardwood floors

Old 08-20-00, 01:09 AM
Visiting Guest
While refinishing our floor that had been covered with carpet for 20 + years, there is on spot that will not dry out, we have tried heaters vaccums, etc, and the wetness keep seeping back up. Any recommendations on how to dry this out so we can seal and varnish it?

Old 08-20-00, 08:36 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Can you get to underneath this spot? There has to be something that is causing this. A small water leak in a line spraying the underside of the flooring, or running over to it? Good Luck!

Old 08-20-00, 10:39 AM
Visiting Guest
Angry

We have been under the house, no pipe is near, the area is dry. It's the strangest thing we've ever seen. The twilight zone floor, the damp spots keep returning, they are getting smaller however. What are the chanced of putting a finish over the spots before they dry? Will it seal?

Old 08-20-00, 10:54 PM
Visiting Guest
Hmm

I encountered the same problem in a house. When I bought this home it had not been lived in for a year. They did how ever leave dogs in the house for awhile after they had left. The S--T was all over... So I guess that Piss wast to. We of course removed the s--t and all of the carpets only to find harwood floors. The floors looked great in spots. So we went to town sanding. Humid it was. Dusty it was. Cleaned up and wet home.
came back the next day to find all of these wet spots? Well I looked, checked pipes, doors, windows, felt and smelled the spots? Kinda slippery, kinda smelled, kinda oily? Hmm? We tried bleach in the spots, fans, and blowers, tourches, they always came back. We figured that it was from animals? we sealed the spots and recarpeted the floors. We didn't want to take a chance that the finish would not stick. Have fun...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: