hardwood flooring

Old 09-02-00, 04:16 PM
Visiting Guest
I just removed some wall-to-wall carpeting revealing an nice oak floor. How can I go about minimizing the staple holes around the perimeter of the floor?

Old 09-03-00, 01:18 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

That's a subject thousands are dealing with these days as carpeting is coming off older hardwood floors. I'll throw one option in that I've never mentioned before though I don't think it's for a DIY'er.

Remove anywhere from 6-12" of the perimeter flooring and replace it with a border. I kinda like the idea though I've never done it, but have done alot of new installs with border work and it makes the area standout.

The floor will have to be completely refinished to match newer and older flooring heights. It's worth a try otherwise the carpet tack strip holes will just have to be filled.

Old 09-03-00, 03:34 PM
Visiting Guest
There are several different colors of wood putty on the market and you may be able to find one that closely matches your finish. You can take several colors and mix a custom color.

Whoever put the floor down originally had to face nail the last three rows and they filled these holes.

Try filling the holes and with furniture in the room, they won't be that noticeable.

Old 09-05-00, 10:45 PM
Visiting Guest
quote:<HR>Originally posted by R. L. Boatright:
There are several different colors of wood putty on the market and you may be able to find one that closely matches your finish. You can take several colors and mix a custom color.

Whoever put the floor down originally had to face nail the last three rows and they filled these holes.

Try filling the holes and with furniture in the room, they won't be that noticeable.
<HR>

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: