Does floating floor solid like glue down?

Old 05-04-10, 06:19 PM
Does floating floor solid like glue down?

We are looking to get Home Legend Sedona Maple engineered floors from Home Depot. We have a brand new house with a concrete slab.

We love how the floor looks, but I'm concerned a floating floor will not feel as solid as one that is glued down.

Any advice on this?

thanks!
Andrew

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-10, 05:13 AM
It's not that great of a difference. The ease of installation outweighs the little sponginess you will feel in spots. That will be due to the floor not being level in certain spots., but it is not in the least, a deal breaker.

They're good floors for the cost. I would recommend it.

Old 05-05-10, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by riggstad View Post
It's not that great of a difference. The ease of installation outweighs the little sponginess you will feel in spots. That will be due to the floor not being level in certain spots., but it is not in the least, a deal breaker.

They're good floors for the cost. I would recommend it.
That's reassuring, as I love how solid a glued down wood floor feels, so was a bit concerned about a floating floor.

As far as the under layer goes, any advice of which to get? There is a standard one they sell at Home Depot that is red with the white bubbles...anything better than that?

thanks!
Andrew

Old 05-05-10, 09:36 PM
Unhappy

Oh, btw...we are in San Antonio Texas, so I'm guessing there is some concern about humidity...

Old 05-06-10, 03:43 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Andrew: Use the underlayment as prescribed by the flooring manufacturer. That way you can keep your warranty intact. Not sure where you walked on a glued up floor, but as Riggstad said, there is little difference, except for the ease of installation of the click lock type flooring. Glue up is such a mess. Be sure to allow an expansion space all around the floor to prevent the effects of humidity.

Old 05-07-10, 09:44 AM
floor

Are you planning on installing the flooring??? If any questions....there are a lot of helpful people on this forum,
just ask away!!

Old 05-07-10, 11:04 AM
I would recommend NOT buying Home Legend flooring. If the Sedona maple click and lock system is anything like the Bamboo then run the other direction. It separates like crazy and slides all around. We submitted a claim for our flooring and Home Legend offered a full refund. Go with hardwood. It will be more expensive, but well worth it.

Old 05-07-10, 01:48 PM
Sorry to hear about your floors mossman, I have heard some bad reviews on this product. Does anyone else have experience with Home Legend click and clock?

Old 05-08-10, 11:50 AM
No experience with HL, but I laid my Torley's without any problems. Laminate in and thru 3 rooms and halls and cork plank in the bath and kitchen
That was in '04 and no issues.