first row of laminate

Old 07-07-10, 08:16 PM
first row of laminate

I realized about every "how do you install laminate" sites is installed in the perfect square room. Neither of my walls in the room to be installed is a complete wall from one end to the other. One wall is broken up by several doorways (one doorway to continue the laminate into) or a small 3 x 3 opening that leads to other doors. My other wall stops halfway down and leads to the kitchen.

Any concerns I should be aware of before I start?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-10, 05:50 AM
Group Moderator
I'd do a 'dry' layout first to see if you like it - sometimes you can't tell what's going to work best without putting the boards down in different layouts

Old 07-09-10, 03:27 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
What Mitch said. In addition, snap lines square to each other on the walls. If your starter line is off by more than an inch, move in from that line the width of the flooring and start your run there. After a few runs, lay flooring to the wall from your new starter course and scribe it to within 1/4 to 3/8" from the wall. You can snap these pieces in and reposition your floor to a square line and continue across the room. You may have to do the same thing on the opposite wall, but the floor will be squared off in the room.