L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
can't find proper fastener for 3/8" engineered flooring

Greetings to the forum,

I have ordered this flooring,
Schön Engineered 3/8" x 3" Gunstock Oak
Lumber Liquidators: 3/8" x 3" Gunstock Oak Engineered

The website says glue, float, or nail. I was planning on nailing or stapling. I went to home depot tool rental and they said that the staples from a cleat stapler would split 3/8". So now I am a bit stuck and wondering if I should use crown staples or a cleat nailer, the size of nails/staples and such. I also could hand nail with old square nails, as the area is not large. I can't seem to find manufacturers specs or installation recommendations. If someone could recommend the proper fastener and tool, that would be a big help.

The sub-floor is 1"x10" tongue and groove pine or spruce with a covering of luan.

Any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated,

LMHmedchem

Old 08-14-10, 04:02 PM
L
In case anyone else is looking for this information, on another site, it was recommended that I use an 18-20 gauge floor runner stapler.
Amazon.com: Bostitch LHF97125-2 Floor Runner Laminated Hardwood Flooring Stapler for 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch Flooring: Home…
with 1"-1 13/16" staples installed over 15 lb. saturated roofing felt.

These staples are lighter gauge than the 15-16 gauge cleat staples used for 3/4" hardwood. Has anyone rented such a stapler?

LMHmedchem

Old 08-15-10, 08:41 PM
E
Actually ive rented this exact stapler twice and ive loved it. Only drawback is you dont get that extra push you get with the hammer actuated staplers and nailers. I cac get you the exact model of staples i used. But the gun i rented was that bostich one you linked and it would only take a 20 gauge 1" long staple. Like i said worked great, you just gotta take extra care that your joints are tight before driving it home. Laid a total of 800 square feet with that gun. Beer 4U2

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: