how to lay hardwood floor smoothly for 3 rooms and hallway

Old 08-19-10, 10:34 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
how to lay hardwood floor smoothly for 3 rooms and hallway

I'm going to install some hardwood floor by myself for the first time. I got 2 bedrooms in the north side of 2nd floor with hallway in the middle. The hallway run south to 3rd bedroom and stairs. Where shall I start to install hardwood floor to make it smoothly? I don't want transition between hallway and bedrooms.

many thanks.

Old 08-20-10, 08:16 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I'm doing about the same job, bamboo 5/8".First get a book from one of the mega home stores ($20). It will have alot of your answers for you, like start on a perimeter wall, how to do transitions. etc. As for tools, for door jams get a multifunction function power tool from the cheap tool wholesaler place, about $35. (this vibrating tool is great for all kinds of stuff) I hope you don't plan to nail by hand, I went to the online bid on stuff site and purchased a pneumatic nailer, at 1/3 third the cost of a new one, around $50 delivered. I have not got to my stairs yet, they will be a challenge.
I hope this helped a little.

Old 08-20-10, 09:03 AM
Group Moderator
Received 877 Upvotes on 740 Posts
My local Big Orange store has a oak stair system. You may want to check it out if doing oak.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: