Brands!

Old 08-24-10, 05:01 PM
Brands!

Looking for solid Hickory for the kitchen...... what brands are considered good value and quality wood floors?

My cousin is installing it but I have to buy the floor.......

We went to Lumber Liquidators but I hear mixed reviews about Bellawood.

Others?

THANKS!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-10, 03:14 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I have lain many square feet of Bellawood with satisfied customers. What have you been hearing and where did you hear it from, other vendors????

Old 08-25-10, 03:52 AM
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
I have lain many square feet of Bellawood with satisfied customers. What have you been hearing and where did you hear it from, other vendors????
Google.

.....and I know people usually post things when they are unhappy rather than pleased with a product. However I found one reviewer who said he reviewed a product on their website and it never appeared under the product.

When you go to LL and look at their reviews they are all good - kinda odd.

Old 08-25-10, 06:25 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Naturally, why would LL want to shade their product? It is normal. You should get recommendations from people who have actually had it installed, or installed it themselves. They may very well have cheap flooring, but you get what you pay for.

Old 09-04-10, 03:24 PM
I would venture a guess the majority of complaints with LL has to do with non warranted products. Maybe it's their advertising that creates the mess. After all as the name implies, they handle a large number of off brand products/liquidations. Complaints are sure to surface.

Bellawood imports are known to be problematic but the domestic hardwoods (solid) are generally of better quality.