Furniture Sliders -New wood floors

Old 10-25-10, 06:07 AM
Furniture Sliders -New wood floors

Hello,
I have new wood (oak) floors and need to move an extremely heave china cabinet from one side to the other. I see 100's of types of floor sliders on the market but wanted input and opinions as to what you all have found to work best...and what to avoid.

Thanks for your help.

Todd

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-10, 07:21 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Hello tthacke, I know what youíre looking for; the product I've used is Magic Sliders. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes to fit the bottom of a chair leg or a piece of furniture. They work on any surface and wonít scratch your floor; also, you can move up to 3200 lbs! I purchased mine at Home Depot, they were priced a little higher than the traditional felt pads, but work so much better, and they donít collect debris like the felt pads.

I hope this helps, please let me know how the moving goes.

Tangelo

Old 10-25-10, 09:55 AM
Thanks Tangelo...with so many products, I just wanted to see what works and what doesn't.

Old 10-25-10, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator
I'd be very very careful! Much depends on the finish on your floor and how soft/hard/new/old it is.

You could spend a lot more fixing the floor than having a furniture moving company come in and guarantee no damage. Ever seen the straps they use? 2 guys can move a large heavy fridge/freezer with almost no effort.

Old 11-01-10, 09:34 AM
Would not just heavy duty felt pads work, like Waxman. I would not use any kind of plastic slider on new floor.

Old 11-01-10, 09:45 AM
Hmmm, I may have spoke to quickly. I understand that with felt pads there is a chance of debris getting caught in the felt and then when you slide furniture you could end up with scratch's.

I guess I would make sure that the bottom of the pad and the floor area directly under where you place your pad on your furniture is clean before setting it down on the floor.

Tangelo..said he used Magic Sliders and they work on any surface. Tangelo have you used them on laminate flooring to move furniture around?