Bullnose connection to engineered floor

Old 12-02-10, 05:46 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bullnose connection to engineered floor

I'm installing 9/16"X5" engineered maple flooring over concrete in our home. I'm installing as a floating floor with Lamipro natural rubber material underneath.

I have an entry area, installed over wood sub floor, that requires the use of bullnose. The bullnose is configured to accept the male end of the flooring. The problem is, due to an angle, I'll need to cut the male ends off of the flooring. My plan is to cut the rubber mat back aprox 4" and use liquid nails to glue down the area that butts up to the bullnose.

Is this an effective method? Will it likely hold up over time without seperating from the underlayment?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-10, 04:49 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Welcome to the forums! The floor must float, so gluing the flooring is not an option. In which direction does the bullnose face? I can't get a grasp on the design. Maybe you could post a pix or two on a site such as photobucket.com and copy/paste the IMG code to a reply post. That way we can see what you see.

Old 12-03-10, 05:16 AM
The flooring is perpendicular to the bullnose and only involves (6) boards. the area is small, approximately 7' square. Only the very end (4")of the floorbard will be glued, so the flooring will have room for expansion and contraction. Are you concerned that the glue will seperate from the subfloor over time?

Old 12-04-10, 04:55 AM
Question Flush bullnose connection for engineered floors

What type of engineered floors can be put over cement stairs that will provide a flush, not a over-lapping connection, to the bullnose on the part where you step? The bullnose I purchased clicked over the laminate and would not be safe to use. The cement riser is angled slightly with the top of the step extending 1/2 an inch more than the bottom. I have seen a solid piece of wood used as a riser that would provide a right angle for under the bullnose and give it support. I have been told this could be faced with the laminate so the riser and steps would match. Due to alleries, carpeting is the very last option. Any suggestions?