Stair Nose

Old 12-04-10, 03:35 PM
Stair Nose

Hi All. I was wondering if you guys can help me out (again). I am finishing my laminate flooring installation tomorrow. I will be putting down a piece of stair nose molding at the first stair in my living room. Lowes told me that they were special order and they do don't know the width..only the length. MY question to you is how much room should I leave for the stair nose? I was thinking about 2 inches but I want to be sure. My floors are Pergo brand but I think the Lowes will be ordering the nose from SimpleSolutions. I dont want the stair nose to come in and find that my floors are too long or too short. Please let me know what you think. THANK YOU!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-10, 08:25 AM
UPDATE: For anyone who finds this thread looking for an answer. Leave 1 inch and 3/4 for a SimpleSolutions Stair Nose. I left 2in and had to replace all planks.

Old 12-16-10, 12:58 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Why didn't you trim the nosing down? Just curious. Does it lock into your flooring?

Old 12-16-10, 01:52 PM
No it doesn't lock in. It hovers over them kind of like a transition piece. Leaving a 2 inch space left the laminate just short of the nose.

Old 12-16-10, 07:26 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Ah, gotcha. Would a narrow piece of your laminate fit in it's groove and allowed you to install the nose? Just curious.