Parquet waxed oak floor abuse by 3 yrs of bona water based cleaning

Old 12-17-10, 12:34 PM
Parquet waxed oak floor abuse by 3 yrs of bona water based cleaning

Have house bought 3 yrs ago- built in 1965- has hi quality oak parquet floor in 3 areas- wife has been using Bona which previous owner told her to use- Last nite I read bottle - it's not for waxed non poly floors- emailed Bona about these facts and answer is they make no product for waxed floors w/o poly protection. When we moved in all areas looked shiny- over 3 yrs the hi traffic area has become dimmer- MY ? HOW DO I PROCEED FROM HERE- HOW CLEAN AREA WERE MOST OF WAX PROTECTION -IF NOT ALL, IS GONE ( COLOR STILL GOOD ) AND WHAT WAX SHLD I USE- WOULD LIKE A LIQUID WAX I CAN BUFF AFTER IT DRIES- Thanks and have a Blessed Christmas

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-10, 03:52 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
What makes you think the floors don't have a poly finish under the wax? I'd try rewaxing the dull areas. You'd run into problems if you try to apply poly over the floors now because every bit of the wax would need to be removed before the poly would adhere. Just because the floor is dull doesn't mean ALL the wax is gone.

Old 12-18-10, 04:42 PM
Before trying anything major, get a bottle of "Quick Shine" at your grocery store. It comes in a white bottle with a green label. Its expensive; about $8 for a bottle, but it really works well to shine up our wood floors when they get dull. Just be careful. It makes the floors very slippery. I learned that the hard way.