laminate vs hardwood floors

Old 02-06-11, 09:30 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
laminate vs hardwood floors

My husband and I want to put down some form of flooring other than carpet. We are debating between true hardwood floors or laminate. Our budget is tite. However, I have heard that if laminate flooring is exposed to liquids it will bevel. I have a dog and she has accidents sometimes. I just want to know what the best kind of flooring to put down for the situation!

Old 02-06-11, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator
Received 393 Upvotes on 321 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! I can't tell you what kind of floor to use, but my last dog was old and had accidents on my hardwood floor, and it buckled and warped very badly, so real hardwood is definitely not water proof but quite the opposite.

Old 02-06-11, 11:47 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
ceramic tiles...................

Old 02-06-11, 01:57 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 839 Upvotes on 736 Posts
Either would be better than carpet! The main thing is getting the liquid up in a timely manner, the longer it sets on the floor the more it can soak between the boards and cause damage. Ceramic and vinyl are about the only other options.

Old 02-07-11, 07:07 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,267 Upvotes on 1,207 Posts
Ceramic would be my choice as well

Keep in mind laminate is not wood but a picture of wood on a cardboard-like substrate. If you really want wood, I'd go hardwood with polyurethane over the whole thing to keep moisture from penetrating between the boards.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: