Heritage Woodcraft hardwood flooring

Old 02-13-11, 08:48 PM
Heritage Woodcraft hardwood flooring

I'm doing some shopping around for hardwood flooring to put into a house I'm buying. I found some that I really like for a great price but wanted to try to find some reviews on the product. The wood is being sold at simple floors, and the brand is Heritage Woodcraft, Old world chisel. I'm looking at a few different engineered distressed ones. Has anybody worked with this product that can tell me if its a good durable product or just a cheap wood flooring?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-11, 04:39 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the forums! I have never used Heritage Woodcraft. I would contact them and have them send you a sample so you can compare face to face the others out there. Just because it is not widely used in certain parts of the country, doesn't mean it isn't a good brand. It is good you are shopping around. Do you plan on click lock, nail down, or what? Others may have different suggestions.

Old 02-14-11, 11:41 AM
My mom has this floor

She got the african black one, its a type of walnut. Its holding up really well - they just have it in a small space but a dining room so it gets a lot of use. She installed it herself which was REALLY the impressive part.
I like the texture on her floor, we moved into a house that has scraped floors too but ours look like repetitive waves and her floor scraping is much better - it looks like a natural old floor.

Good luck finding you floor!

Old 02-14-11, 05:09 PM
Thanks so much, I appreciate the info.

Old 02-14-11, 05:12 PM
I have the samples and they seem pretty durable, but a small sample is nothing compared to the entire house, I just wanted to see if anybody had that brand of flooring and if they were happy with it or not. It seems so hard to pick and the price ranges out there are so all over the place its hard to tell if a good price is equating to a cheap product. I am planning on doing the glue down installation (professionally done) because I have concrete slab and no subfloor to nail down to. I don't think I'll do the click lock, I'm not a huge fan of the floating floor since it does have a bit of a hollow sound when you walk on it. I appreciate your advice. Thanks!

Old 02-18-11, 08:26 AM
I'm actually shopping around for wood too and recently have been introduced to the woodcraft brand. I was wondering if that is the same brand as heritage woodcraft, as stated in the earlier post. I've had estimates from 2 professional installers but one is advising me to go with the urban floor brand while the other is advising woodcraft. Both prices are very similar. I would really appreciate it if anyone has any input in comparing the 2 brands.

Thanks