Hardwood uneven after going around floating island (Pictures)

Old 02-20-11, 10:32 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hardwood uneven after going around floating island (Pictures)

I'm about 50% of the way through installing hardwood in my kitchen/dining room/living room. As you can see in the picture, we are installing the boards at 45 degrees. But I've run into a problem, when I installed the planks around the kitchen island, they don't meet up at the same level on the other side. What's the best solution here?

I assume in a worst case scenario I can cut the boards on the bottom side on a table saw, then cut the slot for the joint, and use that for one row to even it out again. But this stuff is all prefinished, and I doubt it would look very good after that. Any ideas?

Old 02-20-11, 06:08 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Well, hindsight is 20/20. You should have run up one side of this wall with your flooring, then with the first complete piece into the other side, install a reversing spline and begin laying backwards along the other side of the wall. What is not clear is the entire project. We only have a picture which is a microcosm of what you are doing. More pictures, not closeups would help. Knowing your beginning and ending places would be helpful, too.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: