pergo water damaged Laminate flooring issues. pic included.

Old 03-08-11, 12:26 PM
Question pergo water damaged Laminate flooring issues. pic included.

Ive messaged here before but i figured id try again since ive tried to work on it a bit and have some results. Again i have pergo flooring that glues together(a bit older i know, and i have been unable to find any similar because of the age). If you know the flooring number or might have an idea where to get this (long shot i know) please tell and also any ideas on how to make this look as good as possible would be greatly apprieciated.

thanks again

http://apa.jansgalleries.com/floor1.jpg

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-11, 07:05 PM
i would take a piece/s from under some furniture and splice it in.

Old 03-11-11, 04:16 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Is this separation the worst of it? Is it swollen or just separated? To close the gap, you could remove the left hand shoe molding and the transition strip between the door and, using a flooring hook flatbar, pull the offending joint closed, replacing the shoe and transition piece. Transition piece may need to be replaced as it will probably self destruct upon removal.

Old 03-11-11, 06:43 AM
Question what about filling in the gap?

think the gap is too large to fill in with something? not sure i can get this flooring up anymore without destroying it. Its glued together.

Old 03-11-11, 02:42 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
That joint ain't glued. Why could it not be driven back home with a little glue in the gap. That is a factory gap, or am I misled by the pix?

Old 03-11-11, 11:42 PM
We where in the flooring business when Pergo first came out. To repair a damaged plank, you cut out the damaged piece and used the router andused tongues to put in a replacement piece. The picture is a bit confusing. I see a gap in the hall, so you should be able to pull that piece up after you removed the quarter round. If you can get it undone from the other end. I would replace the two sections between the t-molding. I'm confused on how water affected only this section of wood. Most damage occurs underneath and travels. If you don't have any more planks, maybe you have some inside a closet. Using the routing method to separate those pieces to replace the others. If it is only separated and the laminate is not raised, you should be able to reinstall it, but will need to clean out the old glue.