Laminate flooring

Old 03-29-11, 12:53 PM
Laminate flooring

I have found that if I put baby power on my laminate floor under the wood molding that the ants don't get in. My question is does baby powder hurt the flooring since there is space in between the floor and the molding for the expansion of the floor?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-11, 02:00 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I wouldn't think it would hurt, although I have never heard of it for a cure for ants . We often use talcum powder to alleviate squeaks in flooring where it rubs together. We get up what we can, but the residual always resides in the cracks without problems.

Old 03-29-11, 06:14 PM
Laminat flooring

Hi there......I was hoping you would be the one to respond. How have you been? I am hoping to sell my condo next year and move to a retirement community about 3 or 4 miles down the street. I have always had a problem with ants here and I have been using Terro but it is getting too expensive. The ants can't walk through the powder and if they do try and get through the eat the powder and they die.
It's working for me.....

Thanks for your help.
Martha

Old 03-30-11, 01:36 AM
Great, Martha! Glad this method is working. Like I said, never heard of it, but you may be on to something!! Take care.

Larry

Old 04-04-11, 03:10 AM
A few dabs of Terro would have done the same thing except it would also would have killed the ones still behind the wall.
Boric acid in the form of Roach Away that's sold everywhere from Lowes, Home Depot, any local Hardware store even Wal-Mart would have killed them also not just keep them out of sight.

Old 04-04-11, 03:17 AM
I guess we have been lucky, but in my earlier years with ant and roach problems, we , likewise, used boric acid and it worked great. So much better than commercial brands of "killers". Simple is sometimes better.