Hardwood "spot" repair

Old 04-09-11, 01:18 PM
Lightbulb Hardwood "spot" repair

Hi everyone,

I have just bought a house. The floors on the first floor are in great shape....except for a small area in the master bedroom that was damaged. See attached photograph.

Can this type of damage be repaired locally or must the entire room be resurfaced? The master bedroom connects with the rest of the floor and I don't really wish to redo the entire floors only for a small damaged spot.

Any advice?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-11, 01:31 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the forums! Is this 3/4" hardwood nail down, or is is laminate? It appears the scratches are superficial, so a light sanding with the grain with a 600 grit paper, then a coat or two of Minwax Polyshades, probably Jacobean or lighter, again with the grain and let it dry. The area may still show slightly, but it will be in far better shape than it is in now. Also, put some feet on that box spring set.

Old 04-10-11, 05:55 AM
Chandler, thanks for the response. Would a professional be able to do a better job?

By the way, this photo is from when we visited the house. I'll sure be protecting my floors once we move in!!

Old 04-10-11, 12:00 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
1 sheet of 600 grit paper $1.50, Pint of Minwax Polyshades $4.....Professional job $150. You decide.

Old 04-11-11, 07:06 AM
Group Moderator
Would a pro be able to do a better job?

Maybe

But, if you're carful and take your time, you can do this - for most jobs around the house, you can do as good a job as a pro, they just have the experience to get it done more quickly