Thanks to water damage from the roof & broken water inlet valve & pipe...

Old 05-25-11, 12:55 PM
Thanks to water damage from the roof & broken water inlet valve & pipe...

UGH Last Spring we noticed water coming from the seal area of the ceiling all over our home (which is an RV 36 ft. Long by 8 Ft wide Hitchhiker with tip out which adds 3.5 Ft in the livingroom.) so durning that summer we resealed the roof with fibered metal roof seal. Apparently when we had to relevel our house it broke the seal. Have purchased proper roof sealer.
Our kitchen wall is the hardest hit since that was the side we relevelled at least that was how it looked. Last week I crawled under there and saw that the water inlet valve connection area was streaming silently.
The damage to the floor is so bad that we have to replace the 1x2's etc before we can do anything else.
Would you be able to give suggestions as to the steps to repair the kitchen floor? I am very rusty at doing this, need a refresher. The replacement flooring has already been purchased (from Lumber Liquidators) I just need the subflooring & insulation etc for the repairs.
Thank You

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-12, 09:09 AM
How to clean a kitchen floor

To repair the kitchen floor, Remove the floor first then access the damages and scrub potential mold. When you have done this, bleach out spots left my mold and replace your floor.

Old 02-08-12, 09:20 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
A pic or two might help us better understand what you are dealing with;

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html

Old 02-14-12, 05:51 AM
Additional tips and advice can be leant here for free. Enjoy Oriental rug cleaning