Infinity (Brand) Glitsa (Manufacturer)

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-01, 06:47 PM
Visiting Guest
My contractor to re-finish by #1 Red Oak flooring has recommended the use of a finish made by Glitsa, Brand Name Infinity. It is a 'hybrid' of the old swedish Glitsa oil based finish that is soon to be banned by the EPA. This Hybrid is a water based solution, with minimal oil ingredients, requiring far less time to dry and cure.

Has anyone had experience with this ? THe product is marketed ut of Seattle, Washington, 800-527-8111. Please provide me the durability, appearance, and value of this over polyurethane. THanks.....Buddy

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-01, 07:57 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I have occasionally joked in this forum about Glitza being soon banned by the EPA -- but I was merely joking. Do you have evidence that the EPA is really going to ban it?

Old 01-04-01, 08:08 PM
Visiting Guest
No evidence, just comments reiterated by a reply to my first note posted. Again, this is NOT the oil based product that causes you to flee the house for days. It is somehwat new from what I can tell, water based...Buddy

Old 01-11-01, 06:10 AM
Visiting Guest
If Glitza is a moisture cure urthane(I'm not familiar with the name brand) then yes I would believe that the EPA will do something--its probably already illegal in CA. I have used moisture cure urthane--I think Glidden and Rust-oleum brands--reguardless of brand--moisture cure urthane does use a minerial based vehicle hence the VOC content. But, VOC's can be easily dealt with via ventilation or an organic vapor mask. The problem with moisture cure products is they contain isocynates--this is nasty stuff--and is a known carcinogen and requires the use of supplied air respirators(you will not have any bugs in your house for quite some time). Most professionals will not use this stuff in residential housing--and in fact most places will not sell it to DIY's. There are many options out there research all of them--hope this helps.

Old 10-09-08, 10:20 AM
Glitsa Infinity

I own a hardwood floor company in the Atlanta area and have been in the business all my life. My father used Glitsa's highly toxic finishes quite a bit before we switched over to water-based finishes in the early 90's. For many years from the mid 90's until 2002 or so we used finishes primarily from Bona Kemi. In 2002 we decided that Glitsa had a line of water based finishes that rivaled and in some aspects surpassed that of Bona Kemi. I have been personally using Infinity since it came out and can vouch for it's usability, durability and ease of maintenance. Whoever your flooring contractor is, judging only by the finish he uses, probably knows what he's doing.

Eli

Old 10-09-08, 03:42 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
This thread is 7 years old!!!!!! :bad poster: :repostit:

Closed Thread