Hardwood floor cut by bay window

Old 09-30-11, 04:57 PM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hardwood floor cut by bay window

I need some help. We moved into our house last June. We picked the bedroom with carpet and a bay window. Our dogs and kids have wreak our carpet. We want to rip out the carpet. HOWEVER! When I went to check to make sure there was hardwood floors I noticed that were they added the bay window they must have removed some of the flooring. Does anyone know what is the typical amount of flooring they would have removed and any suggestions on how to match/fix the floor. I am not a handyman per say and we are trying to do this cheap but right. We where thinking maybe tileing but then again I have no idea how much of the floor is gone. My wife won't let me take it unless I have a solid plan! Thanks!

Old 09-30-11, 05:25 PM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I tire some carpet out while the wife was at school. Seems they removed about 6 feet!! Should I add to the subfloor so it matches the height of the hardwood and go with a slap together wood flooring maybe??...

Old 09-30-11, 05:26 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Not sure if they set the bay on subflooring or not. Can you post a few pictures so we can see what you see? http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: