Transition from Laminate to Carpet

Old 11-01-11, 03:00 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 279
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Transition from Laminate to Carpet

What is the transition between my floating laminate flooring and carpeting called, i.e., "T", reducer, etc., and where can one be purchased ? The one that was installed by the previously owner split and needs to be replaces.
Old 11-01-11, 05:14 PM
chandler's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 36,607
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Most transition strips will be "universal" in that they have removable parts and snap in parts to make the transition a true "t" or an offset by certain degrees (reducer). I would look in the laminate flooring section and see if you can find the color and grain you need. Some come with a fastening channel that you screw down to the floor and the transition will snap into the channel.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: