Engineered Floor Recommendations

Old 11-12-11, 05:30 PM
Engineered Floor Recommendations

Hello All,

I'm having engineered wood floor put into the first floor of my townhouse. I was originally considering a strand woven bamboo from Mohawk but have heard from a contractor that the glue on those tends to come loose and it's better to go with an oak or real wood.

Can anyone recommend any good brands with a strong top layer as well as the filler underneath? I don't want to get this installed and then have dents all over it. Especially since a piano will be on it at some point.

Thanks,

ZJ

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-11, 09:41 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If you are putting a piano on ANY wood floor, be prepared to cushion it or spread the points of contact out a little, as they ALL will dent.
Now, with that said, if you use real wood, use staples and not glue. Glue is messy and gives way sometimes. It is the least favorable method of doing a floor. Engineered flooring comes in thicker (5/8"+) versions in click lock. I have installed a few thousand feet of it, and it looks great and installed great. Most favorable for long term is 3/4" nail down hardwood. More work, but better results, IMO.

Old 11-13-11, 03:05 PM
Thanks Chandler. Hardwood isn't going to be an option for me, so it's going to have to be engineered of some sort.