Can't get past the 2nd Row: Help!

Old 11-20-11, 02:37 PM
Can't get past the 2nd Row: Help!

We are attempting to install laminate flooring in our dining room. We've never done this before.

Here's the deal, we've watched a bunch of videos,etc (we have no instructions from the company), but we're running into a problem.

When installing the next row, we angle the board up slightly and push it into the first row lengthwise. It appears to be nice and solid, no spaces, HOWEVER, the two pieces are not laying flat. the ends pop up. We've tried tapping it, but that's not working either. Has anyone else experienced this and what might we be doing wrong?

Also, we are using the BelAir brand of flooring and can't find the manufacturer or instructions on line. Anyone know where we can get info?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-11, 02:42 PM
Group Moderator
Are you able to post a picture showing the problem you are having?

Have you tried clicking in a few more rows to see if the additional boards helps hold the others flat?

Old 11-20-11, 02:42 PM
Group Moderator
Do you mean the pieces are warped?

Old 11-20-11, 02:44 PM
And I don't believe the floor is uneven. The laminate floors won't lay flat on any floor in our house. The lay flat on their own...just not when they're supposedly locked together.

Old 11-20-11, 02:49 PM
No , they aren't warped.

Husband went to buy a tapping block. Lost ours. We'll try again and I'll post a photo if I have to.

Old 11-20-11, 03:15 PM
Husband bought a few things at Lowes and showed the guy the pieces of wood. He somehow worked them together so they're flat. Is till couldn't do it. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.