Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Anybody know about Epoxy floors??? Need some help.

AZ

12-31-11, 03:22 PM   #1  
Anybody know about Epoxy floors??? Need some help.

I just purchased a home that has blue epoxy flooring in the 3 car garage. I am going to be turning it into a man cave but would like to change the color of the floors to red. What is the best way for me to go about doing this. I'm assuming that I can't just paint over it with red, anybody know what I could do???

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

NC

12-31-11, 03:56 PM   #2  
You can lay cheap red carpeting over the epoxy floor.

AZ

12-31-11, 04:14 PM   #3  
Sorry I should have been more specific. I like the Epoxy floor and wwant to keep it, but I want a Red Epoxy Floor.

Group Moderator

NC

01-01-12, 12:43 PM   #4  
If you can find out what type of epoxy you have you can contact the manufacturer and see if more layers can be applied on top. Epoxy coatings are not cheap so I would not try putting another layer on top without knowing what's underneath.

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

09-04-12, 01:17 PM   #5  
I agree with Pilot Dane...did you contact the manufacturer? I think you would be ok with adding another layer overtop. If not, you should be able to strip it off and start over.

Forum Topic Moderator

TN

09-04-12, 03:22 PM   #6  
If you know what type of epoxy is currently on the floor - by all means contact the manufacture!
Most epoxy's can be recoated with more epoxy. Be sure to follow the prep stated on the label.

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

Search this Thread