Gluing down popped hardwood to cutback over concrete

Old 01-22-12, 04:27 PM
Gluing down popped hardwood to cutback over concrete

Hi,

I had water leaking under my 1950s hardwood parquet and eventually some swelled and broke their bond with the concrete subfloor. It's a limited area and the water problem is gone. Rather than get a new floor I just want to get the short planks back down, but don't want to disturb the cutback since it's quite likely made with asbestos. Is there an adhesive that would work for wood to cutback? Planks are 2.5" x 7" so I think a tube based adhesive would be best.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-12, 03:12 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the forums! I am not sure how you will get the pieces up without starting at the end. Parquet is normally tongue and grooved. Can you post a few pictures of the area (not closeups) for us to see. It may help us understand better. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Old 01-23-12, 05:17 AM
Hi Chandler. I'll have to get pictures a bit later (left camera at work), I can tell you that the pieces are not tongue and groove, just solid oak rectangles glued straight to the subfloor. I won't have any trouble getting the pieces up either since I picked out a couple when the buckling had been at it's worst. On a side note: the water has been gone for 2 months now and I regularly run a dehumidifier in the house since I live in a humid area.