Question about my first laminate floor attempt

Old 03-14-12, 10:08 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question about my first laminate floor attempt

Looking for some expert opinions here. First, I may be making a big deal outta something that simply is not, but I'm curious to know how I did on my first laminate floor install in my home. It looks great, but I can't help but wonder if I made a mistake.

Basically, if you look at the attached graphic, the red highlighted area is supposed to depict a small strip of laminate I needed to put in to finish off my floor. My question is whether or not it's normal to have variations like this with a transition strip. Basically, with the transition strip on top, there will be about a half inch strip of laminate give or take. I'm wondering now if I should have started laying the floor at the entry way or not, and finished over on the wall where I started. Did I screw things up? Should I have a wider piece under the transition strip so their isn't the thin strip of laminate there? I figure no matter how I do it I'll run into this type of issue someplace, but I'm just second guessing my work. I was told to start with the most square area so I started in the position as indicated in the diagram, since there are a few entrances (no doors) as well as one door as I moved across the floor while laying the laminate.

Anyway, I'm not sure if what I'm saying makes any sense, but in terms of having a thin last strip that runs the same direction as the transition strip between the tile and the laminate at the entryway, is that ok or should I have done something differently/better?

Cheers

Old 03-14-12, 10:19 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
PS - if you right click and view the image, it will open larger so you can see the text, etc.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: