Recommendation for Manual Floor Nailer

Old 02-27-12, 11:32 AM
Recommendation for Manual Floor Nailer

Anticipating installing wood flooring in several rooms of current home (removing carpeting) and am looking to invest in a good nailer.

Any users out there that can provide feedback on the real truth about what's good and what's not over and above manufacturers claims?

Thanks all. zzzdogman sends

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-12, 01:18 PM
Group Moderator
Personally I'd go for a pneumatic one if you can. A manual one is fine out in the center of the room where you can take a good swing with the hammer but I have a hard time using them close to a wall. Pneumatic is nice when you get close to a wall where you can't swing the hammer as well. Even a light or angled hammer hit will work with the pneumatic.

If the walls are finished I like to stand a sheet of plywood against the wall to protect it from accidental hammer hits.

Old 02-27-12, 05:01 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I agree with Dane. Pneumatic nailers are the way to go. Bostitch MIII is a good one, although a little pricey. I have an off brand one and it has done TON of flooring without mishap. Will probably die on the one I start tomorrow, but for the money I spent versus the Bostitch, I'm happy.