trouble with floor, black dots?

Old 03-11-12, 07:51 AM
Question trouble with floor, black dots?

Hello everyone,

i have trouble with my laminate-floor. first i thought it was just dirt but when
i tried to clean the floor i couldn t remove the black dots. i put some pictures here:

www.2-minds.com/test/nahansicht0.jpg
www.2-minds.com/test/nahansicht1.jpg
www.2-minds.com/test/weit.jpg

can someone help me please? many thx!
(sorry for my bad english, i m from europe)

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-12, 08:07 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the forums! What type laminate is this? Is it woodgrain? Do you have obvious moisture problems under the floor? That is what it appears to me. It could be a mold of sorts, so I would not disturb it much until I found out for sure.

Old 03-11-12, 02:03 PM
Hello chandler,

thx for your answer. i m sorry i have no clue about wood or else. i cannot tell you which kind of
wood this is.
i have no moisture problems so far i know. i live in a house on the 4th floor. so i think not...
mold? oh my god that sounds serious. what can i do? are you sure?

Old 03-11-12, 02:44 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Sorry for all the questions, but are you sure it is laminate? It looks to be nail down full 3/4" wood flooring. As for the mold, no I am not sure, but it isn't normal. Pull up a floor heating register and look inside. That will tell you the type flooring. You could even post a pic of that as well.

Old 03-19-12, 03:36 PM
seems like that i have a parquet. sorry for the wrong info earlier. i thought about it and i think for mold is too untypical. i didnt cleaned the floor with water till i had the problem with the black dots.
but i have an other possible explaination. i have watched that the floor on the area with the black dots is dull. is it possible that the varnish is removed and the wood is not more protected?

btw: i want to thank you for your help and your patience. thx!

Old 03-19-12, 03:41 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Have you tried cleaning it with a bleach/water solution or a bath rm cleaner? Those type of products will remove mildew.

Varnish, poly or lacquer will wear off over time. It's isn't that big of deal to lightly sand and freshen the floor up with a new coat of poly BUT you need to get rid of the spots first!