Installing laminate flooring against exposed brick?

Old 03-24-12, 07:36 PM
Installing laminate flooring against exposed brick?

I'm considering tackling the laminate installation in my den myself. My concern is the den has about a foot of exposed brick that goes along the base of the walls, then there is a baseboard and the wall begins. The room had carpet originally which I have removed completely. I'm wondering how I can install the laminate and make it look good in this room. With the expansion gap I'm not sure what I can use to look great. With the brick and mortar not being even or flush throughout, 1/4 round wouldnt sit up against it evenly. This is also my dilemma for the fireplace as well. I'm not sure what to do and any suggestions would be really appreciated.

The carpet has been removed and the white brick was spunged to a more natural look.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-12, 03:04 PM
Old 03-25-12, 05:20 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Is the subfloor concrete or wood? I like bordering it with an item like tribe_fan suggested. It would allow for expansion and contraction, while dressing up the edge. A little pricey, though.

Old 03-26-12, 01:30 PM
The subfloor is concrete which I've also considered staining but there's a few places to patch where the track strips were pulled up. From my understanding even after patching the spots will show through the stain.