Is it possible to fix a "bubble" in an engineered hardwood floating floor?

Old 05-13-12, 06:22 PM
Is it possible to fix a "bubble" in an engineered hardwood floating floor?

I recently installed the Mohawk engineered hickory unilock floor. It looks great except for a few areas that seem "bubbled up". They visibly sink when walked on. The subfloor is plywood. There were no noticeable dips or unleveled areas in the subfloor prior to installing the floor. I am not sure if I should remove the floor and use the glue down method or just try to nail down the areas that are raised (I realize that this would of course void the warranty) but these areas really bother me and make the floor feel cheap even though it looks like a very nice wood floor. Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-12, 04:43 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the forums! sorry no one has answered you earlier. First is there at least 1/4" free space on all sides of the room. Laminate must float and if you jammed it against either molding or the wall, it will exhibit the behavior you mention. Do not under any circumstances nail through the laminate. You create a stop for the floating action and it will only get worse in other areas. Maybe you could post a couple of pix of your floor and possibly remove a piece of edge trim to show how much space you left there. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Old 05-25-12, 04:40 PM
If this was notice immediately, it is most likely a high / low area. I know, looks can be deceiving when talking flat 1/8" in 6 feet.

If it took weeks and then developed, the floor expanded and locked itself in, at the perimeter.