Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Caulking for crack between molding and hardwood floor? Do they make Brown?

NY

06-08-12, 12:02 PM   #1  
Caulking for crack between molding and hardwood floor? Do they make Brown?

We have a cockroach problem, I'm trying to seal up everything as much as possible. We have a thin crack between the hardwood floor and a (I think) wooden molding (that has been painted over so many times I can't even tell what material it is; NYC old apartment).

Do they make a brown caulking (to at least match the that I could use to fill in this gap?

I do understand that the worry is that the floor/molding do need room to expand/contract during the year, so I'm hoping the caulking will still have that give.

The other option is to just fill it in with some white/beige caulking since the molding is white, but the question above still stands.

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

WI

06-08-12, 12:05 PM   #2  
Caulk sounds like a good idea to me - yes, they do make colored caulks.

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

06-08-12, 02:32 PM   #3  
If you're worried about expansion and contraction find a product like Big Stretch elastomeric caulk. It comes in brown and will give and take much better than regular "caulk". With that said, you aren't stopping the problem, only moving it over a little. Use borax behind cabinets and refrigerators, or other places they hide. They can't stand it.

Search this Thread