Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Damaged Parquet Floor

CANADA

06-21-12, 11:17 AM   #1  
Damaged Parquet Floor

I have parquet flooring and one square is lifting on one edge. I have heard that you can use a syringe with glue to fix vinyl floor and was wondering if this would work with the parquet. I don't want to try to remove it and replace it but somehow fix it. If this won't work how should I fix it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

WI

06-21-12, 11:44 AM   #2  
Parquet as in wood? I've never seen vinyl parquet.

Forum Topic Moderator

TN

06-21-12, 01:26 PM   #3  
My stepson used to rent a house that had vinyl that looked like parquet.

If this is real hardwood 12" squares, is one whole piece coming up or is it one of the individual strips that make up the square? If the parquet can be pressed down where it should be, you might could use some wood glue and weight to hold it in place until the glue dries.

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

CANADA

06-21-12, 02:02 PM   #4  
Yes parquet as in wood. I used the vinyl as an example as what worked with the syringe.

CANADA

06-21-12, 02:05 PM   #5  
Yes real hardwood squares. It's just one edge that is raising. I will try the glue. Thanks

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

06-22-12, 02:58 AM   #6  
You may not be able to directly inject glue due to the T&G effect of the parquet. You may, however, be able to drill a hole in the offending piece......very small hole, and inject the glue in at that point. It would seep under the parquet and you could use a half ton of books to weight it down until the glue dries, and finish the hole with wood colored putty. Just a shot in the dark.

Group Moderator

WI

06-22-12, 08:12 PM   #7  
Yeah, two parts:
1 How do you get the glue in there
2 How do you weigh it down while the glue dries

Go for it and please let us know how it turns out for you.

Search this Thread