What kind of flooring is this and how do I match it? (PICS)

Old 07-05-12, 08:54 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What kind of flooring is this and how do I match it? (PICS)

Purchased a new house with gorgeous hardwoods in the kitchen but we would like to extend them into the dining room and foyer. I have the original spec sheet for the house and it says they are "BRUCE 'CARUTH' 3/8" X 3" COLOR: E920 SEDONA". However, the planks I have are 7-3/4" wide, not 3". When I Googled "BRUCE CARUTH E920 SEDONA" it looks like the same color as I have, but I don't see they ever offered a 7-3/4" wide plank, so I'm wondering if the prior owners had the floors redone or what. Can you take a look at my pics and suggest whether I have the BRUCE 'CARUTH' SEDONA or whether you think it's something else? I really need a match so I don't have to go re-doing the whole kitchen along with the dining. The floors are in exceptional shape so it would be a shame to remove them just to get a match. Thanks.

Old 07-05-12, 01:06 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! This looks to be laminate flooring, probably 1/4" thick, maybe 3/8 if you are lucky. It appears to be a click lock, although I cannot tell completely. It is definitely not an engineered flooring like the Sedona, IMO. Have you pulled any molding to see what it looks like on the edges? That will tell you the thickness and whether it is glue up or click lock and whether it is laminate or engineered flooring.

Old 07-10-12, 10:59 AM
F
No, I have not tried pulling it up. I have no idea how to do that, maybe I can get my contractor guy to try. In any case, I was hoping someone here could ID the type/color/brand. The more I looked for this online the more it looks like "Wilsonart Classic Plank 7 3/4 Black Cherry" but they are discontinued.

Wilsonart Classic Plank 7 3/4 Black Cherry at Discount Flooring

So even if it was the same brand/style, but it's discontinued, how do most people deal with this? Just throw away the perfectly good flooring they already have if they are trying to make a match somewhere else in the room?

Otherwise, what's the best way to find this flooring, look on eBay or something?

Old 07-10-12, 11:05 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
Laminate flooring changes often, it can be a nightmare trying to find more of the same style even a couple months later.

Old 07-10-12, 11:29 AM
N
Received 21 Upvotes on 18 Posts
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but could the brand and model be stamped on the bottom of the boards?
I know the flooring I had put in a couple years ago had some sort of model or series number on the bottom side.

As others have mentioned, it may be tough to find a match.

Old 07-10-12, 11:38 AM
F
I would still like to know if anybody can ID this flooring. I will try to get more info by lifting up a piece if I can.

Old 07-10-12, 11:58 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
If Chandler can't tell you with certainty, it's likely no one on this site will be able to do so.

Old 07-10-12, 01:07 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Identifying this flooring will be almost impossible. As Mitch said, styles, colors, hues, etc. will change with the wind. Pulling a piece in an inconspicuous spot, like in a closet and taking it with you to a flooring distributor may give better results. At that point you will know whether it is laminate, engineered flooring, glue down or click lock. You gotta know all that before you begin your search. Post a pix of the edges and bottom of the piece you pull and let us know the other information.
Since the existing flooring is in such good shape, you may want to consider another type flooring in the other room such as tile, or even a contrasting wood floor.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: