Need help w/ sealing for gaps between wall/floor

Old 10-09-12, 02:07 PM
Need help w/ sealing for gaps between wall/floor

Just moved into an apartment and it's been sprayed twice for pest control. There are some areas where the floor and baseboards are separated and have a small space/gap. I was wondering what could be used to seal between the two. Similar to caulking. Something clear preferably. Does anyone know anything that would work? Something sort of like super glue, where it drys quick and clear.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-12, 02:11 PM
Here's a photo of the base board and wall with a gap. Very small but Its all around and I feel like this is the problem with most of the pests.

Attached Images  
Old 10-09-12, 02:16 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Welcome to the forums!

Clear latex caulk would work [goes on milky but dries clear] I'm not all that fond of caulking the base/shoemold to the floor. The caulking could fail but mainly unless the caulk is painted it will collect dirt and become unsightly over time.

Have you discussed this with your landlord?

Old 10-09-12, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the welcoming, and I am looking to drop off a letter in his mail box later this week. Looking at the shoemold it looks as if there's a coat of something on top where it meets the floor. It's left about a half centimeter of beige colouring. Any idea what this is?

Old 10-09-12, 03:42 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Yup, old caulking doing what Marksr said it would. Pest control is your best bet. If they don't find a way out here, they will move on to another location. Getting rid of the pests will leave your molding in pristine condition.