Wood Floor Into Stone transition

Old 11-03-12, 02:36 PM
A
Received 6 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Wood Floor Into Stone transition

HI, how can I make a smooth transition between the two surfaces? It is leveled. what is a good DIY option for a good looking transition.
see pictures.
Thanks,Name:  IMG_1395.jpg
Views: 10603
Size:  28.5 KB

Old 11-03-12, 03:47 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
I take it both floors are finished....

I've made nice transitions using Schluter Tile edge strips. One install was where I was installing wood up to an existing tile foyer. I undercut the mortar on the tile side, trimmed the schluter strip wing and thinset the strip flush to the tile. I then came back and finished my wood floor up to it.

Old 11-04-12, 05:53 PM
A
Received 6 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I need something substantially easier to do, cheaper and faster. Mortar, thinset and strip flush I don't know what it is and would like to keep it that way.
Thanks!

Old 11-05-12, 03:15 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 10 Upvotes on 9 Posts
If you can clean the edge of the tile and substrate up, you may be able to find a transition strip or shoe molding that would cause a subtle transition from the tile to the floor. It can be stained and polyurethaned to match the flooring. Transition strips historically lay over the tile and are cumbersome looking. I would try to fit something just on the low side and fasten it to the wood flooring, and use a color coordinated sanded grout caulk in the joint between the trim and the tile.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: