Best glue for vinyl baseboard coming loose

The picture shows the gaps in the baseboard I would like to close with glue:

Name:  DSC00286.jpg
Views: 15337
Size:  18.2 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-12, 07:59 PM
Group Moderator
You don't fill with glue. You could fill with caulk but it would be better to redo it correctly. If this is a rental ask your landlord to do it.

Old 11-06-12, 08:02 PM
I was hoping I could glue it back to the wall. I am the owner, looking to get it ready for rental. Do I have to buy new baseboard, or remove this one and reapply it?

Old 11-06-12, 08:08 PM
Group Moderator
Try removing and replying. Using a heat gun can help with bending sharp angles. Always cut a 45 V in the bottom lip on a 90 inside corner. Use cove base adhesive.

Old 11-06-12, 08:12 PM
Group Moderator
Vinyl cove adhesive is what's normally used. It's applied with a notched trowel. If you are looking for some sort of shortcut, you might try PL advanced polyurethane, but you would need to be able to brace the cove to the wall for about 24 hours to hold it tight to the wall until the glue sets up.

You might want to heat up the cove with a hair dryer / heat gun / propane torch (but be careful not to singe or burn it!) so that it becomes more flexible and conforms to the wall better... especially in that 90 degree corner. It's usually best to CUT 90 degree inside corners since it's about impossible to get them to lay back tight. One piece will butt into the corner, while the other will get a little angle cut off the bottom lip so that it can butt into and overlap the other.

Old 11-06-12, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the tips. Should I just cut the cove base into two pieces where the curved section intersects the wall?

Old 11-06-12, 08:57 PM
Group Moderator
That's what I'd recommend, but you probably have a snowball's chance of cutting it in exactly the right place so that it isn't too short on the opposite side.

Search this Thread