Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Engineered wood flooring turning up at edges - why?

CANADA

02-22-13, 04:02 PM   #1  
Engineered wood flooring turning up at edges - why?

We had engineered hard wood flooring installed professionally over top of ceramic tile. The installer put the appropriate foam padding on first and then installed the wood.

However after only 2 months, in several places the top wood surface is actually separating from the other layers and curling up on the edges. Making it not only unattractive but dangerous.

Can you tell me why this is and how or if we can fix it??

Help! please

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

02-22-13, 04:10 PM   #2  
Welcome to the forums! Can you give us the thickness of the flooring and how it was put together? I have never heard of engineered flooring being put directly on ceremic, since it is basically a naildown product, with the exception of the click lock type. Are you sure it isn't laminate flooring? Can you post a few pictures (not closeups)?http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

WA

02-22-13, 04:12 PM   #3  
Contact the dealer that sold the flooring ASAP. This sounds like a manufacturing defect.

CANADA

02-25-13, 06:18 PM   #4  
Thanks I have done so.
However, I am concerned that they are jusy going to try a piece fix and we will be having this problem for years. So I am trying to get some information as to whether this problem is fixable or if we should insist it be replaced?

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

02-25-13, 06:43 PM   #5  
Pictures will help us to see what you are seeing.

Search this Thread