Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

laying laminate under door jambs

WA

03-12-13, 12:58 PM   #1  
laying laminate under door jambs

can any one advise me on how to lay the laminate under door jambs, I know how to cut away under the door jamb but the problem I have is that there is not enough room to tilt the laminate and click it into place and slide it under the door jamb as well ?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

VA

03-12-13, 02:53 PM   #2  
Remove baseboard molding and door casing leaving just the door jamb. Make your cut such that it is in an "L" shape with the leg of the "L" in the doorway area. Install as normal and slide it under the door jamb as far as you can get it. Cut the corresponding piece as close a fit as possible with the cut just barely clearing the jamb. Connect the pieces and slide both pieces over to center on the jambs yet still tucked under. If I am installing shoe molding, I leave up the baseboard, undercut the baseboard about 2" and make an "S" shaped cut in addition to the "L" cut above and when you slide everything back to center, the laminate is partially tucked under the base molding as well.

Search this Thread