Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Uneven Floor Sloping

CANADA

03-16-13, 08:40 PM   #1  
Uneven Floor Sloping

Want to install laminate flooring on a floor which is 10x9 but the last two feet of the 9' have a dip of quarter inch which gives a slope look to a normal eye.

What can I do to even this slope out and then install the laminate flooring. The current floor has vinyl tiles on quarter inch plywood.

Thanks all !!

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

03-17-13, 04:43 AM   #2  
If you aren't planning on removing the tiles and luan (which is what you would normally do) Using a self leveling compound poured in the sloped area may bring the area back into level look. Of course going under the area, determining the cause of the slope and correcting it would be a better solution. Does if have a weak feeling when you step in the area?

CANADA

03-17-13, 04:15 PM   #3  
Yes there is a bulge which causes the sloping. Self leveling compound, we just mix and lay it or smooth it out to the level with a trowel.

How about I screw in a thin .25" inch of OSB and put some plastic underlay sheets to level it off. Then I have a level and new subfloor to go about laminating.

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

03-17-13, 04:47 PM   #4  
Option #1. Title says it all...Self Leveling Compound. Mixed properly it will seek its own level.
Option #2. Luan and underlayment sheets will give a spongy floor.......or at least spongier than you already will have with laminate.

Search this Thread