Replacing a section of laminate flooring

Old 03-19-13, 07:47 AM
Replacing a section of laminate flooring

Just finished the laminate flooring project in the basement a few weeks ago. Due to the new grade in the yard, we got water in the basement. About a third of the new flooring is water damaged. The problem I have is that the damage is on the wall where we started the installation. ??? Question is???? Do I have to take the whole floor up to replace the section that is damaged?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-13, 03:08 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the forums! Add one more to the list of why I don't like laminate. Unfortunately your click lock sequence won't let you do it backwards. Have you pulled the old water damaged flooring up, yet? Do you have replacement yet? 1/3 of a floor is a lot to back pedal on. If you have replacement flooring in hand, try lifting on the groove end and see if you can slip in a tongue. You may not be able to achieve a good angle and it may pull out the next row. I've never had success in back installing it.

Hang in here, as more of the pros may have better information that may save a little time.

Old 03-19-13, 03:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Describe your layout in a little better detail if you can. Is it one large room or multiple rooms done as a continuous lay? May have a solution but don't want to recommend without more specifics. Better yet, how about attaching a picture or two.