Laminate brands

Old 04-07-13, 08:19 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Laminate brands

I've been searching for months trying to decide which laminate flooring to use. I'd like to know which brand/kind you have and how they are wearing after time. I like the Kronoswiss (made in Switzlerland) brand as far as the samples I've gotten, but do not know anyone who has this brand. Please give me your insights as to Kronoswiss and/or what laminate you have with the pros/cons.

Old 04-07-13, 10:13 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! With your sea borne winds and humidity on Tybee, I doubt laminate would be in your best interest. Consider laminate is MDF with a picture of wood adhered to the surface and Aluminum Oxide finish applied. It absorbs moisture much more than engineered or solid wood. Even up here in the mountains, I try to steer clients away from lesser expensive laminates. Since you seem to be in an upper end search (Swiss made laminate), I would entertain some mid range 5/8" click lock engineered flooring.

But as far as the brand you mentioned, I have not had any experience with it. Maybe others have, so stay tuned.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: