Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

should you install laminate under kitchen stove and refrigerator

OH

04-11-13, 06:08 AM   #1  
should you install laminate under kitchen stove and refrigerator

should you install laminate under kitchen stove and refrigerator?I am not going to install under dishwasher.Should I glue flooring under refrigerator?
Is it safe for under kitchen stove?

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

WI

04-11-13, 06:47 AM   #2  
Laminate needs to float, should not be glued down nor have heavy appliances placed on top of it if at all possible.

OH

04-11-13, 07:40 AM   #3  
I meant by glued down was the seams of the laminate planks together

Forum Topic Moderator

MO

04-11-13, 10:12 AM   #4  
I would not put laminate in a kitchen. When it gets wet, the particle board core will crumble.

VA

04-11-13, 11:50 AM   #5  
Dupont real touch laminate can be installed in baths and kitchens. according to their website cabinets should be installed first . install laminate leaving 1/4" gap and fill that gap with silicon sealant. Ok for under dishwasher, stove and refrig. guaranteed 25 years. already has foam backing attached. I am not a rep I just worked in flooring for a few years and we installed Dupont real touch in many kitchens and baths with great success. Laminate has changed a lot since it first appeared. several mfgs recommend for kitchens and baths but I would only use Dupont.It lt also comes in patterns that are hard to distinguish from ceramic.

Forum Topic Moderator

MO

04-12-13, 04:56 AM   #6  
As someone who has installed since 1973, I would not want laminate in any kitchen. It ALL has a particle board core that will swell and fall apart with moisture. I have seen failures with ALL brands.

Search this Thread