Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Can pergo flooring go over hard wood?

07-20-13, 05:54 PM   #1  
Can pergo flooring go over hard wood?

I have started to tear out some hardwood flooring that is adhered to the subfloor. In doing so I have rip out portions of the subfloor. As of now I have only removed a 3 ft X 3 ft section that resembles what I stating. The room is around 250 sq ft. Total. Would you recommend tearing out the rest of the hardwood flooring or should I install the pergo over the hardwood flooring? I would of course fix the 3 X 3 ft section that I have ripped out already so it is level with the existing flooring. What would you recommend to patch what I have torn out? Self leveling concrete or plywood or anything else? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

VA

07-20-13, 06:33 PM   #2  
First why are you removing the hardwood and not just having it refinished?
Laminates going to be much lower and throw off all your base trim and casing. Plus cheapen the whole look of the house.
Why do you have to replace the subfloor if your just removing hardwood, should just be some old nail holes left behind that could be covered over with 3/8 subfloor rated plywood.

Search this Thread