Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Underfloor wont come out!

Non-US

07-21-13, 01:03 PM   #1  
Underfloor wont come out!

I've discovered chipboard glued to concrete in our living room.
It's also been nailed down!

Can anyone PLEASE tell me how to get it out?
At the moment i'm just scraping bit by bit. There must we a way to make it come out easier.

Thank you. I really apreciate any advice.

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

07-21-13, 02:42 PM   #2  
Welcome to the forums! Not sure what the practices are in the Netherlands, we'll try to give the best advice possible. From what you describe, you have the worst of the worst.....particle board, or OSB glued and nailed to concrete. You are doing all you can with scraping and either pulling or cutting the nails flush to the concrete. How do you plan on finishing the floor once it is removed?

Non-US

07-22-13, 08:20 AM   #3  
Thank you so much for your reply.
I am just scraping and scraping. It's backbreaking!
once it has come out, the concrete will be pretty uneven. Some bits are looser than others, so I will need to make the surface even with a sealant.
After that I have the most beautiful wooden floor to lay. I can't wait to get to that point!
I'll put a layer of underlay under that wooden floor. That will be no problem with what I am facing now.
SO IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING TO HELP ME GET THIS STUFF OUT I WOULD BE SO GRATEFUL!
THANKS

Forum Topic Moderator

TN

07-22-13, 11:15 AM   #4  
How are you scraping the floor? A big floor scraper would be quicker/easier than a small hand held scraper. The also sell/rent electric or pneumatic scrapers that could be used.

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

Non-US

07-22-13, 12:55 PM   #5  
Thanks Marksr I'm going to look in to a pneumatic scraper. I think that'll be the best way forward. I don't want to take all the concrete out with it though! :-)

Forum Topic Moderator

TN

07-22-13, 12:58 PM   #6  
While they are a little bit similar, there's a difference between a jack hammer and scraper, the power scraper has a wider blade and not as much force

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

Search this Thread